Monday, June 12, 2017

Meet the Team: English in Africa

Hailey, Meredith, Chloe, & Kendra
Kendra
I'm an Education major at Berry College. I chose to come on a Nehemiah Teams trip with the hopes of reaching people for the Gospel and using the tool of teaching English in order to do so.

Meredith
I'll be a senior at Liberty University this fall, and I'm majoring in TESL (teaching English as a second language). Growing up in Southern Africa gave me numerous opportunities to see God change people's hearts through the work of full time, overseas workers. I chose to serve overseas this summer out of obedience to the Lord, to gain personal experience of what full time, overseas work would look like, and to serve those serving full time.

Chloe
I am an Accounting major at Auburn University. My parents are missionaries and I grew up in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Mexico and Peru. Because of my background overseas, I have always had a heart for the lost around the world. I had an open summer and was so excited that it worked out for me to do Nehemiah Teams in West Africa with a family I knew from Peru.

Hailey
This year I'm a senior at Blue Mountain College, and I'm a double major in Christian Ministry and Psychology. God has been teaching me the responsibility of all Christians to spread his name to the nations, and I signed up for Nehemiah Teams in response to that. I wanted, and still want, to be a part of the ministry that God is doing all over the world.

Prayer Requests:
-That hearts will be softened to hear what we have come to share.
-That homesickness won't influence our ministry
-That we will be unified as a team
-That we will be diligent in sharing truth
-Patience and joy as the days get hard