Thursday, June 15, 2017

Meet The Team: Coffee Island Urban Catalyst

James, Michael & Cason
Michael
Hey my name is Michael, or as they call me in Southeast Asia, Bako (or Marco, or Mikaut, etc). It’s nice to meet you. I am from Arkansas, the natural state, where I study music education at Arkansas State University. I am 19 years old, so I am the youngster of the gang. I’m just so excited to be here and am appreciative of your prayers and support for our team. Thank you for your attention and I now pass the baton of introductions down to…

James
I’m the old man of the group, clocking in at 24 years. I’m currently a graduate student at Auburn University pursuing a master’s in Mechanical Engineering. I love a good salad (something the nationals here have no grasp of), and I’m an avid movie goer (so I’m really excited about the theaters here, because I’ve heard they have arm chairs and you can order food). I really appreciate your prayers this summer, especially for my mental and emotional endurance. I’m an introvert by nature, and I know this summer is really going to stretch me.

Cason
Hey my name is Cason. I am 21 years old. I am a Junior at Auburn University studying Political Science. I love sweets and junk food. I eat copious amounts of sugar. One thing I have learned in a few days of being on the field is that things do not go as easily as planned and so it is necessary to enjoy the time and have fun with whatever the situation is. My being here is simply an offering back to the Lord and so the results of my serving are in His hands. I hope to also have fun this summer and enjoy unexpected situations and the time I have here.