Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Meet the Advance Team

Five days of training, four airports, and a fourteen hour plane ride later, the Advance Team has safely made it to Bohol, Philippines! A week ago we were all strangers, and as we grow closer together, we would like for you all to grow to know us better.
Seth, Lauren, April & Cory
Hello my name is Cory and I’m currently a senior at the University of Tennessee at Martin. I ask that you will pray for endurance for us to run the race that has been set before my team. In His Great Name,
--Cory (Hebrews 12:1)

Hello! My name is Seth. I am student at Arkansas State University, studying Electrical Engineering. I am involved with my school's BCM, and I have met many Nehemiah Teams alumni there. They told me about NT and challenged me to go. Please pray for the lost souls that we encounter daily. Please pray that we will be able to discern the SPIRIT so that we may reach them in truth.
-- Seth (Mal 1:11)


Hi, my name is Lauren and I am 20 years old. I attend Tennessee Tech University and am Majoring in International Business with Minors in Spanish and Religious Studies. I felt called to the Philippines after hearing the testimony of a Filipino woman who said that she just needed someone to tell her the Gospel. She had never heard it! But when she heard the Gospel for the first time everything changed and the Lord had a grip on her heart. All she needed was a person there to share. I knew I had a summer to go and that I was able. God said we are to go and share the good news. I knew that this was my calling for this summer after she spoke.
--Lauren (Psalm 90:16-17)


Seth, Cory, Vivi (translator), April & Lauren
My name is April and and am a 19 year old college sophomore from Kentucky! I am studying English Literature and Art at Eastern Kentucky University. Being here serving Christ in the Philippines has been such a blessing already. Last summer, I attended a camp with my church and understood that God commands His children to go and I felt the Lord calling me to international missions. I wasn't sure where or when this would happen, but after much prayer and guidance from my family, God lead me to Nehemiah Teams and softened my heart for the Philippines. My main prayer request at the moment is that Christ would sustain us and work through us so that unreached people can hear the gospel of Jesus Christ for the first time. Our goal is to make disciples who make disciples. Thank you so much for your prayers, and God bless!
-- April (John 12:35)

My name is Noemi and I am 24 years old. God has been orchestrating His wonderful plan for the Philippines. I am humbled to be a translator for this team and be a part of the work of God's kingdom. Help us pray for strength each day and that each precious day we would be filled with the Holy Spirit and be united.Pray for the courage of the team and that we would be sensitive enough to always follow God's guidance.
--Noemi