Monday, June 19, 2017

Kids Lovin' & Learnin': Week One

This week we started tutorials with the kids!  As I am teaching these kids, they are also teaching me. One day during tutoring, I was talking to one of the girls and asked her if she was a Christian. Her reply was "I am born again."  This really got me thinking. Am I really born again? Or am I just hiding behind the term "Christian?"  Has my old self died and am I now alive in Christ? Am I still dead in my trespasses and sin or have I been made alive together with Christ? I encourage you to ask yourself these questions and to be honest with yourself. God knows our hearts and i pray that each one of you knows Him on a deep personal level.

Matthew 27:21-23 reads:  “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’"
   
 We ask that you will pray for:
  • our health
  • the children, especially one of them as she is going to get adopted next week!!
  • next week of tutoring
We also ask that you join us in praising God for
  • a successful first week of tutoring
  • a great garage sale
  • friendships that are forming
-Roxy