Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Meet the Team: P52 Motor City

Assalaamu Alaykum! (Peace be upon you!)

Abril (left), Sarah (right)
We are the Motor City UPG Outreach serving in the Detroit area, reaching out to the large Arabic population here and working to build relationships with Muslim women. Praise God for the many opportunities to meet women we have had in the two days we have been here, and we are currently setting up English tutoring and conversation partners.  

Sarah:
Hello, my name is Sarah, and I am the team leader for the P52-Detroit team. I attend Texas A&M University, and I hope to soon be employed as a case worker. I enjoy reading and playing the piano. I also love teaching English with internationals while at school, and I am very much looking forward to the English classes this summer and the opportunities for gospel conversations that these provide!

Abril:
Hi! I am Abril and I am from the northern part of Texas. I attend the University of North Texas in Denton. There, I am thankful to be involved with the UNT Baptist Student Ministry and the The Village Church Denton. There, I have had the opportunity to find my community and build new relationships with international students by hanging out and having conversation partners!


Prayer Requests:

  • Ramadan begins Monday, June 5th, so please pray that the women will be willing to meet during this busy time. Pray that the women will be open to discussing their personal beliefs and listening to us share about Jesus and the Injiil (the Gospel).
  • Pray for team unity between the two of us, and the pastors and missionaries we are serving with this summer.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support!  Ma’a as-Salaama! (Goodbye!)

-Sarah and Abril