Sunday, July 26, 2015

The War

Ever since I was a little kid I've loved hearing war stories and  learning the strategy behind war. Over the course of this summer it has finally clicked within my brain as to why I have always been fixated on war and learning battle strategies. I was built and designed to fight in a war. This war is not a war between countries and it can not be fought with guns and military power. 

The battle that I fight in is a battle between the good and evil of Heaven and Hell. I am a soldier of Christ. I may feel outnumbered and outgunned by the enemy, but I do not rely on strength that is my own. I rely on the God of angel armies. He not only commands my life, but the lives of my co laborers and warriors in God's mighty army. We have many previous soldiers to learn from like Abraham, Jacob, Joshua, David, Paul, and many others throughout more modern history. 

A comforting factor in fighting in this battle is knowing that I do not fight alone in my generation. I know many in my generation, Generation X, that are taking up the cross of Christ to fight in this battle against darkness. Along with war and strategy, I also like math, so when I see the X in Generation X I see our legion of  warriors as the unknown. X in math is always unknown, just as our age of warriors is bringing an unknown strength, number, and reliance on the Lord into the next wave of battle. 

We are also a generation much like Joshua. We stand looking at a land filled with giants telling the people that the Lord will deliver our enemies unto or hands. We are unafraid of what lies ahead. We want to fight for the cause of the Lord. We are an entire generation of Joshua's ready to go wherever the Lord leads us. We are Generation X. We are the unknown. The best part of it all is that although we may be fighting a battle the war has already been  won, and we are fighting on the winning side. 

Pray that after this trip myself and the others serving this summer will serve the Lord without reservation and hesitation.
Pray that we will go in with full confidence in the Lord and share the gospel wherever light is needed.

"I consider my life worth nothing to me if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me, the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace."  Acts 20:24