Monday, July 20, 2015

Slaves Have No Rights

The day that we surrender our life to the Lord Jesus Christ is just the beginning of an indescribable journey. We go from death to life, lost to saved, alienated to reconciled, orphaned to adopted. Never would I have imagined that when I decided to follow Jesus that I would be used for His glory. The more that I grow in my walk with God, the more He reveals to me that I am nothing. I am a speck of dust, here for a little while to do his will and advance His kingdom here on Earth. He reveals to me that I am no longer a slave to sin, but I am a slave to Christ. And slaves have no rights.

Now when I say that I am a slave, I am not saying that I am mistreated, beaten, and work for little wages.No, I am saying that I serve my Lord Jesus, because He has already given his life for me. My mind is no longer set on selfish desires and ambitions, but on heavenly desires. My desire is to love the Lord with all my heart and obey His commands.I am a slave to Christ, and to me that is a privilege. It is a privilege because He chose from the time before I was born when He would reveal himself to me. It is a privilege to be his slave because He bought me, bought us ALL, for a price. It is a privilege because I am no longer under the ruler of the kingdom of the air. I choose to be a slave every single day because He first loved me.

Since I am now a slave for Christ, I have no rights. I have no right to complain here about the tropical heat when he has given me the breath of life. I have no right to serve half-heartedly when He has already paid the price for us all in full. I have no right to keep the Truth to myself when He has already revealed the truth to me in my heart. I have no right to become angry when he has given us His love and joy. When I surrendered my life to Christ, I became a slave, and slaves have no rights....

....But I would not have it any other way! 

-B