Tuesday, July 7, 2015

I want to have a relationship with Jesus

Sharing the Gospel has always been something that I love to do. However, before coming on this trip, I hardly ever shared it with anyone. This was mostly because I had a "really good" excuse:  people in my area already know about the Gospel. Over the last few weeks God has shown me that even if someone knows about the Gospel, it does not mean they are saved or know what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus. 

We went to several schools this week and shared the Gospel with them. At one of the schools, the students asked SO many questions!! They are truly hungry for God's Word! One of the girls that I talked to was near tears as she told me she can't understand the Bible. "I want to have a relationship with Jesus," she said. "I just don't understand the Bible." She told me what translation she used, and I immediately knew why it was hard for her to understand. I recommended she get a Bible that is a different translation so she can read it and understand. She left so excited to start reading! Another day this week we went to a school and asked if they knew what it meant to have a relationship with Jesus, and ten of them got saved!! 

Please pray that our team will be able to lead more to Christ this week and that God will use us in awesome ways! 

-Alex