Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Praise God for the Unexpected


I thought I was going to be working in the city and working with college students. To be honest, I did not want to come. I hate large cities, and I really wanted to be working with children. Another fear of mine was not working out on a regular basis. Since I play volleyball at my college, the fear of not being ready for next season was hard and I didn't want to disappoint my non-believing coaches.
Praise God! First off, the city is nothing like what I expected. It is run down. We drive on mostly dirt roads or run down pavement. There is no western toilet or hot water, we sleep on the floor, and there is no air conditioning. This is awesome!!! We get to live with 2 college students that cook for us every night. They hardly know English, but we already love each other. We all speak through many smiles and laughter. They are also sisters of ours!! 

Pray that we will be faithful to look for opportunities to develop
relationships in our area.