Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,

I am overwhelmingly amazed with your grace. You have opened my eyes to the depths of my own soul. When I begin to feel that I know who I am, you pull me deeper into understanding of who I am in you. I know very clearly what I am WITHOUT you. Without you, I am a failure. I am imperfect, afraid, not enough, too much, impure, selfish. The list goes on.  There are moments when these are the attributes I dwell on. I wonder how anyone could ever love me. I cower in the face of conflict. I allow the devil’s fiery arrows to pierce my mind. But who I am WITH you, Lord, is where I must abide.  You complete my imperfection, fill me with courage, balance me, purify my soul, and break my heart with what breaks yours. You love me not because of who I am or what I have/haven’t done, but simply because YOU ARE GOD and you choose to love me. Thank you for allowing me to recognize the difference between lies of the enemy and Your beautiful truth. Thank you that I can rest in the knowledge that You have already won what I would’ve lost on my own. Please use me, stretch me, mature me, and grow me. I love you, Jesus.


-Amen