Thursday, June 18, 2015

Let the little children come

I really had hoped to work with children this summer... but came to the field not expecting to. The reality... I get to teach English to little children. 

We walked around the town handing out fliers for people to come learn English. We heard many small voices coming from up high yelling "Hello!!" We looked up & saw around 5 children in one house trying to get our attention. We asked them to come, and they grabbed our hands and walked with us. They have not missed a lesson yet! 

The group we are working with and teaching English in does not want our classes to be about the Book. This was hard to hear. He said he doesn't want people to feel pressured but wanted us to make a relationships with them first. 

It has been about two weeks and we have not gotten to share what we believe... not even once... to a non-believer. We have been praying a lot for opportunities. 

Today in my children's class, I talked about creation. Gabby came up with this idea. At first I was not going to talk about Him, but I asked the class, "What is creation?" I used the example of a house... Someone built the house, they created it. "Who created us? Who created your parents, humans?" The children were so interested. I answered & said it was "the Father." 

Through this, He allowed us to share the story of Adam and Eve. It was so cool to see the children's faces!! All but one of them did not know the story. The last thing I told them was how Adam and Eve did a bad thing... sinned... and no longer had a relationship with their Father. I told them the next time we will see what happens next in the story! They were all cheering and excited. (Thursday is a holiday so we don't have class.)

  • Please pray for the children and for the Father to speak through the lessons.
  • Pray that He will tell us what to share and when to do it. We do not want to get in the way for His great Word.