Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Saturday morning prayers



I went on Nehemiah Teams to the Philippines this past summer. I got the opportunity to share about my summer at my BSM (Baptist Student Ministry) a month ago and was able to start a World Christian Study. It was planned to be a 3 week study (looking at God's Word, World, and Work). There were about 4 or 5 committed people coming every week and really excited to learn about God's heart for the nations. I was so thankful for how The Lord was blessing our time together. 

This past week was supposed to be our last morning to meet together, but as we drew near the end of our time and I began to close out the study, they all just kind of looked at me and said "Well... we don't want to stop meeting... Could we like keep meeting every week and just pray for the unreached?" Umm.. YES. 

I was blown away by what God must be doing in their hearts to want to continue to get up early on Saturday mornings to pray for the unreached. The Lord is so faithful! I just wanted to share with you what The Lord is doing in the lives of a couple college students in Texas and thank you for equipping us to lead these studies and help people see God's global purpose. 

-Kaitlyn
Stephen F. Austin State University