Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Adventure of Saying Yes


You have to be some sort of brave to say yes to God. After all, He rarely outlines His plan and all the details in advance. The key to this type of adventure is faith.

Trusting God has it all together when you can't see how the pieces fit. After all, adventures aren't always fun. Sometimes they are hard and exhausting. Your purpose in adventuring determines whether or not you keep going. 

In this missionary journey, the purpose is to share the story of Jesus. I've learned a lot on this adventure- hard to believe there is only a week more on this bit of earth before the journey back to the states. But I have a feeling this adventure will linger. I've learned much about myself and my Jesus that I cannot wait to share, but there is also a fire deep in my heart that cannot be quenched. I need to talk about the hope and love and grace and greatness of my Jesus. Like a fish needs water. I'm not especially brave nor do I have much faith. More often than not the "Oh you of little faith..." statements of Jesus prick this doubting heart... 

But I've learned the secret- just say yes

Saying yes brought me to the Philippines- the opposite side of the world from where I thought I would be. Saying yes brought several new brothers and sisters in Christ and many new friends.
Saying yes brought laughter and joy and countless new experiences with a team that God designed. 
Saying yes put me waaaay out of my comfort zone and made me fall only on God. 
Saying yes brought struggles and sickness and tears and scraped knees and exhaustion.
Saying yes brought chipped toenail polish from kneeling on cement praying fervently for His kingdom to come, His will to be done.
 

My prayer is to never stop saying yes to God. The day I stop is the day I have forgotten what is truly important, and I might as well stop wasting oxygen. 

My prayer for you, right now reading this? That somehow, someway, you see Jesus in these words and realize that saying "Yes Lord, your will be done in my life, yes Lord I will go, yes Lord I will speak, yes Lord"... is the only way to truly live because He alone knows all you are capable of accomplishing in Him. Be brave because He is worth it all, and walking with Jesus is the best kind of adventure.
be brave

-Amanda