Saturday, July 5, 2014

Summer is Halfway Gone. . . Already?

I can't believe it! It has already been a month here in the Philippines! Time flies when you're having fun!  June was filled with learning our daily routine, getting to know the kids and the staff, learning about the culture and dealing with the heat! And I have loved every minute of it!


These are some of our ladies from our nightly Bible studies with the Ruel staff.  Every night our team takes turn leading them in Bible study.  Not only are we teaching them the Bible, but we learn as we go along too!  It's has been such an amazing journey so far, especially growing in relationships with them.  We have been spending some time with them here at Ruel, as well as other places.  


The staff invited us to do a 5K with them here in Calapan City on June 28th. We had a blast! It was a great time to get to know them a little more, and to have fun!

We just returned from our mid-summer vacation in Puerto Galera! It was the most beautiful beach that I have ever seen!  It definitely was a much needed vacation for all 3 of us. It was a great time to relax and kinda unwind from stress.

One morning I woke up, and I couldn't help but look at the beautiful ocean and think of the song "Oceans" by Hillsong.   Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders. Let me walk upon the waters wherever You would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wonder, so my faith would be made stronger, in the presence of my Savior.

Isn't that a beautiful message?  We should be willing to go where God wants us to go.  We should want to go wherever He wants us to go.

Now that June has passed, we have 3 full weeks left here in the Philippines. It's bittersweet.  I'm going to miss these kids, as well as getting excited to return home to friends and family. This past month truly has been a blessing. Keep praying for us! :)

-Ruel Nannies

-Tonya