Thursday, July 3, 2014

Praying Boldly

This morning, my quiet time was about prayer. As believers, do we pray prayers that move mountains, or just rose petals? Which way do I pray? Do I pray with belief or with empty words? Do I actually believe that the Maker of the heavens and earth would care what a crazy college kid would have to say? Do I pray boldly? After thinking over these questions with mixed answers, I was ending my quiet time in prayer, as I usually do. I came to the "give us opportunities to share the Gospel today" part when I stopped in my tracks. That was not what I was to pray. I was to pray, "God, don't just give me the opportunity to share the Gospel, make me share the Gospel. I might miss an opportunity, but let the opportunity slap me in the face and know that it is from You."

The time alone with God ended, and I went on with the rest of the day. We do not work on Saturdays with the rest of the team, so we had plans of our own to go out with friends and eat. What better time to share the Gospel? Of course, the plans would get cancelled. Then, we were invited to a church event among Christians, so not much opportunity to share there either. Well, we had nothing better to do, so why not take a walk in an apartment complex behind where we live?

Off we go, just a normal evening walk. We met some kids and starting playing with them. Before too long, I found myself sitting on the ground with three of them when they asked to start "storying." What? I began with Noah. They told me half the story of Moses. Then, I moved on to Jesus. God answers prayers! I was not even looking to share by that point of the day; God made it happen. What an evidence of God's grace! He is faithful continually, and He is in the answering prayers business. Let's pray bold prayers and attempt great things for God! Continue to pray for us as we continue in His work throughout the summer.