Monday, July 21, 2014

Jesus, Bring the Rain


Last week, I got to experience my first taste of monsoon season. I was in a local coffee shop in my neighborhood about a ten minute walk from my apartment; when I heard what sounded like rain. I was washing my hands and thought surely it is not raining, and the Pizza Hut upstairs must be flooded. Nope it was rain, and it was pouring down. Being the smart person I am, I thought this was the most logical time to walk home. As I was walking home, I ended up becoming soaking wet, and was laughing at how dumb I was to walk in what seemed to be Noah's flood. Later as I was recounting this experience in my journal the Mercy Me song "Jesus Bring the Rain" was in my head. As I was writing, I was singing the chorus from the song over and over. I feel as if Jesus opened my eyes to what the song's chorus meant. That the rain is coming to bring life into dead things and wash away what was once unclean. The next day, after the flood, one of my students Andrew told me that he was searching for God and wanted to love Him like others do. The Holy Spirit lead me to share a piece of my testimony with Andrew. It has now been a week since I have shared with Andrew, and he is so close to discovering Christ. Please be in prayer for Andrew, and that he will find Christ. Also, please be in prayer that the Refugee team will be intentional in sharing Christ with the students in the last few weeks. This verse has been in my mind since walking home in the rain: "If a man is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." John 7:37-38   JESUS BRING THE RAIN!

-Laura