Friday, July 18, 2014

I will refuse to be silent



“I will not refuse the word of God, it is precious,” she said.

And I knew in my heart, and I knew in my head

That I will see this woman in heaven someday

But as I realized it, I was filled with dismay

Because even though this woman has opened her door

So many have not, there are so many more

Who don’t know God’s love, who are drowning in sin.

So many children of God who don’t know how to swim.

I walk around this place and I see dry bones,

People more concerned with earthly than heavenly homes.

I see hard hearts in desperate need of love

I see Satan at work and my flesh wants to give up.

But my spirit is fueled by someone greater than I

A man who knows what it is to die

And then rise to overcome the black of the grave

A loving father who seeks only to save

People all around the globe and being swallowed whole

Because they don’t know the good news, they’ve never been told

Father, may their blood be on my hands

If I let my own comfort take precedence over your command

I cannot save souls, only speak of your grace

Only complete the task given to me and finish the race

I pray that these people would open their eyes,

Would stop wholeheartedly buying the enemies lies.

But until the day you come again

I will refuse to be silent, I will refuse to give in.


-Morgan A