Sunday, June 22, 2014

Who is Holding Your Heart?

Our VBS consists of a vacant gravel lot, 8 white girls, 67-100 African children, one translator, and bubbles- just take a minute to let the rest in your mind . All the kids were playing a game and I noticed a little girl sitting off to the side so I went to sit with her. I told her my name and said hello and she just smiled so I figured she didn't speak English. I did what any normal person would do &  picked the girl up and spun her.... needless to say we became instant friends. Turns out she does speak a little English and I learned her name is Andi. She was so thirsty for attention and would not let go of me the rest of the day. 

At crafts we made paper hearts to show God's love then we went to play more games. I noticed she was really careful about not getting her heart dirty. I asked if I could hold her heart and she said "yebo" which means yes. I put it in my pocket and we continued to play games. Midway through the games Andi took off as fast as she could and started looking everywhere for something. She turned over Bibles, bubbles, shoes, etc looking for something... I knew she had forgotten where her heart was and who was holding it. I walked up to her and showed her I had it and she smiled real big and said "keep it safe"..... I lost it. How many times do I forget who holds my heart? How many times do I run around looking through everything trying to make sure it's safe... and how many times do I tell the Father again to keep it safe.

Please pray that we would all learn and remember that God is holding our hearts. He wants to have a relationship with us! Pray that our team will let God use us to teach these children that God loves them and is holding their hearts. 

-Ann Marie