Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Our First Day! ... Ruel Nannies

My first day at the Ruel Foundation was a very humbling and joyous experience.  The children here are beautiful and it is impossible to not be filled with love and joy when you are around them.  I cannot wait to get to know each of them on a personal level throughout the summer.  It was humbling because I did some not so fun things that I have never done before.  For example, wipe a baby's butt with my hand and get spit up on dozens of times.  Overall, I love this place and I am so thankful God has given me opportunity to serve here. -Katie (Team Leader)
My first day was very fun! I've only known these children a couple of days and I already love them so much.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the summer holds in getting to know these children and share the love of Jesus with them.  It was a very challenging and long first day learning how everything works around here, but overall it was a very great day!   -Tori
My first day was long, had lots of learning, but full of smiles! I got to change a baby's diaper for the first time ever (also got tinkled on!), bathed him for the first time, and got him to sleep.  It was such an awesome learning experience and I get to do this the whole summer! The older kids (around 5-10 year's old) are more challenging, but just seeing those smiles on their faces helps me to remember why I'm here. To play with them, to make them happy, to make them feel wanted and loved. I am so excited to see what else God has in store this summer! I can already tell it's going to be amazing and fun!  -Tonya