Monday, June 30, 2014

Not called... Commanded

If there is one thing that God has been teaching me since I have been here it is that no one is exempt. Exempt from finals, exempt from chores, exempt from punishment, but NOT going to finish the great commission. Isaiah 44 says:

For I will pour water on the thirsty land,
    and streams on the dry ground;
I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring,
    and my blessing on your descendants.
They shall spring up among the grass
    like willows by flowing streams.
This one will say, ‘I am the Lord‘s,’
    another will call on the name of Jacob,
and another will write on his hand, ‘The Lord‘s,’
    and name himself by the name of Israel.”

This has been our prayer as a team for our community of Maibu. And God is doing it. He is pouring water from the sky and from us and from the Holy Spirit. The kids listen, the adults listen, and we are seeing fruit. At the halfway point we are beginning to see fruit! How good our Savior is! My team and I have made promises to each other, to ourselves and to God, to help to finish the Great Commission in OUR generation. So I am going to put a journal entry up to show you a little of what those promises look like. 

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have Holy Spirit Power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. the decision has been made. I am his disciple. I will not look back, let up,slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap diving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotion, plaudits, or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, or praised. I now live by faith, lean on his presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power. My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the face of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I’ve stayed up, prayed up, stored up, and preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go until He comes, give until I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner is clear. I am a soldier of Christ.

I am a soldier. I am a warrior. Am I taking this seriously? The Lord has convicted my heart. As much as I love America and the dreams it gives me, I will not let my love for it or want for marriage or a family stand in my way and keep me from forsaking all for the Gospel. WE ARE NOT CALLED WE ARE COMMANDED. I will run the race laid before me with a smile, never looking down, keeping my eyes on my Savior. I will begin to trust him with more than just provision for money or joy or grace but for all plans in my life. I will imitate the faith and life of those before me, like Joseph Hagan, Judy Norris, and Rhonda Collier. Generations that love the Lord. I will wear out the toes of my shoes before the soles. I will take everything to the Lord in prayer. Though trials may come, the testing of my faith produces perseverance. I will not doubt the Lord. I will not ever leave the presence of my Father. I am a vessel. I am to be used to catty the Good News to the NATIONS. When every tribe hears the Gospel in their own tongue the end will come. And the Lord will know me because my flag will fly white and pure.

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
    and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
“I am the first and I am the last;
    besides me there is no god.
Who is like me? Let him proclaim it.[a]
    Let him declare and set it before me,
since I appointed an ancient people.
    Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen.
Fear not, nor be afraid;
    have I not told you from of old and declared it?
    And you are my witnesses!
Is there a God besides me?
    There is no Rock; I know not any.


From the times of the ancient people in Isaiah 44 until now, GOD HAS COMMANDED US.
WE ARE WITNESSES.

What is your excuse?

Obedience to the command of Christ nearly always costs everything to 2 people, the one who is going, and the one who loves that one.

-Grace