Tuesday, June 24, 2014

He is worth it

Thank you for your continued prayers for our team this summer. The past two weeks of ministry have been encouraging and we can see that people here are ready and responsive. In the past two weeks my team has been able to share the full Gospel 37 times (my best estimate) and we have seen 7 accept Christ as their Savior. 

My team is now made up of four Americans and two nationals. With two translators, we are often able to split up into two groups of 3 and reach even more people in a day. My team has been leading anywhere between 2-5 Bible studies a day. As people accept Christ or express a renewed desire to grow in their faith we try to get them involved in one of our Bible studies. As one example, one grandmother or "Nanay" in the village or approached us and asked us to lead a Bible study every day with her and three younger women that live nearby. 


I am so thankful for how God has also been working in my heart the past few weeks. Although the work every day is hard and far from comfortable, my team has so much joy! We know that Christ is worthy of all our efforts! I love the old hymn that says "Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all."
-Jessica (Maguinda team leader)